Sunday, 2 January 2011

Project Supercop preview...

another short aside for the 2000ad art competitions. This time the idea was to redesign 2000ad or a character as a different era/ genre- 'suited and rebooted'.
I went for an old fashioned superhero style Dredd. Here's a quick preview of what I've done on it.

click for larger image

At stage 2 I messed about with atomic power and thought about making his legs bare- really old school! But it was all a bit too camp, so When I inked it I went for an all over costume. Then I added the colours:
click for larger image

Just got to put him into context now- I have a fair idea what I'm doing with it. I'll put up the final picture up here once I've worked out the details.

3 comments:

  1. Bloody hell! We can see his eyes!!!

    Nice work, mate - little bit of Dredd, little bit of Flash, little bit of Cap'n America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Bruce I like the wee boots, a super camp Dredd in shorts would have been hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys, I was sorely tempted James. Finished pic up now.

    ReplyDelete