Saturday, 25 May 2013

Back From Luna-1 (again)...

I just finished my first comic strip in over two years. Again, it's for Dogbreath- a 3 pager to get me back into the swing again. Still some rust needs worked out- but I'm glad I took the plunge and enjoyed doing it. In the meantime I got to thinking on ways I could get back on top of it again, and I remembered Matt  Soffe doing a blog on a sketch a day for a year. His work improved dramatically over that year, it was an inspired idea, so I'm going to give it a go. Starting with pencils for a while, I decided on this weeks theme being 'revolutionary figures'. First up, Emiliano Zapata Salazar- (8 August 1879 – 10 April 1919) was an important figure of the Mexican Revolution; leader of the Ej√©rcito Libertador del Sur and purveyor of finest mustaches.

Not the greatest likeness, but it's a start and the object is to improve on things. Mechanical pencil (yeah, I still manage to make it all messy with the anal-retentive's art-tool of choice) in about 25 mins or so.
I have some ideas for tomorrow's choice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment