Thursday, 30 May 2013

Day 5: Pancho Villa

Born José Doroteo Arango Arámbula 5 June 1878 – 20 July 1923, Pancho Villa is the other great figure of the Mexican Revolution. Met with a lot of initial success, but eventually deserted by most of his men after a catastrophic defeat where many of the Division del Norte were lost, they accepted an amnesty. Villa and some 200 of his men retreated to continue the fight, allegedly raiding American territory. I guess it's from this that we get the large bands of Mexican pistolero's in The Magnificent Seven and lookalike movies.

I liked that blue pencil so much, I used it again- should have sharpened it first though! 9 minutes this time- it was a blurry source photo- but I liked the pose- the crossed bullet straps and sombrero won it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment