Thursday, 30 May 2013

Warming Up...

Last week I completed my first bit of comic work in maybe 2 1/2 years or so, for Strontium Dog fanzine Dogbreath, 2000ad's longest running fanzine. Now that's done, I thought I should concentrate on getting back to where I was at before illness struck. For no particular reason at all, I thought I'd do a quick character study of Laura Gonzalez- the nose-less, Latina, mutant Search/ Destroy agent. Regular Dog-Breathers might remember her in 'Shadow of the Mutant' and 'From Below'. I've said before that I like the character and I decided to mess about with her costume a bit as I still wasn't totally happy with bits of it in From Below. I did the usual drawing and inking, but this time inked it more for colouring- i.e. less black line shading.  I haven't really done a lot of photoshop colouring to comic stuff before, so it was just a quick and dirty job. Anyhoo- here's the results so far...
Click Image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment