Saturday, 1 June 2013

Insert witty/ intelligent/ insightful/ surreal title of your choosing

carrying on with that Laura Gonzalez study, I took the colour layer and dumped it into Artrage and set aboot it with a palette knife tool til I got something that looked workable. Here's  the pencils (converted to blue for inking), then the raw ink...
and here's the coloured version with the post-artrage colour layer for comparison...
Once I got that back into photoshop, lined up properly and cleaned up with the inks overlayed I, I had a play around with blending the original shading and highlight layers back over the top again, so here's the painted colours & ink against the re-shaded and high lit version...
I'm torn between the two- i like the more intense greens on the first, but I like the stronger, more purpley shading on the arms and legs in the second. Maybe I should try to put the two layers together somehow...

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back up and running

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers James, it's taken a long time, but I'm feeling good and raring to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually- I'm glad to see people still use this- social media seems to dot about so much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only just restarted after awhile away, think people have deviated to other things but I have never been in the cusp of change pretty much a Luddite

    ReplyDelete