Sunday, 12 July 2015

On the Recovery Trail Proper, I think...

It's been a while since I posted here- lots of water under the bridge etc. Most of this last while has been trying to recover from that broken arm, and things seem to be looking up a lot more now.
I haven't been totally inactive on the drawing front, but it was my drawing arm that got injured so it has been a long process to get back to being able to do much at one sitting.
I haven't uploaded anything here, but I did add some stuff to my deviant art gallery so I guess I could post it all here.
First up, a 'quick' study of Michael Ness from 2000ad's Caballistics Inc...
This was done just to try to get re-accustomed to inking again, as control was a big problem with most of my arm withered with atrophy- hence the looseness, which at the time I didn't like; but I kind of like it now! Caballistics Inc. was by Gordon Rennie and Dom Reardon and was absolutely brilliant.

Next up was a full figure stufy of Laura Gonzalez from 'Shadow of the Mutant'/ 'From Below' in Dogbreath. Again, the primary purpose here was just to tighten up my linework a bit.

This was a lot neater and cleaner lines, though the scruffiness in Mr Ness does kind of fit with the character. Not much more to say about it really- it's just a drawing.

Last, for now, is an ink I did of a another drawing I did of Laura and posted on here some time ago now.

I tried out some colours and textures in photoshop and even tried grey-scaling it, but I couldn't decide which I liked best, not that it matters...

I'll post up some more stuff I've done over the last while in a bit- I've a couple of other bits and pieces lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment