Friday, 24 July 2015

Painting Practice - the continuing saga...

Moved the painting on a little- mostly background stuff though. My original plan to keep the clothing fairly loose appears to have fallen through...

It's getting there, but I felt I needed a little break from it as I need to refocus to getting the finishing done. I've been jumping around repairing and building the other parts up to catch up with the face and I just need to consider where I'm going next. This is what happens when you don't plan a piece out. Still, I've done better than I thought I would already- just need to plan the final push.

Also, I suppose I should mention I managed to do my first page of comics in a year and a half a wee while ago, for Dogbreath, the Strontium Dog fanzine- what else would it be? :)
The story is part text, part strip (mostly text). I won't post up any panels for it, as there weren't many, but it's a start and I'm just glad I can still use my arm. Details, as ever are on the Quaequam Blog here...
DOGBREATH #30 now available from Futurequake Publishing

Also check out ZARJAZ, the 2000ad fanzine while you're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment